Siberian Larch Flooring
Click Here to find out more about
Siberian Larch Products
Why It Would Be A Wonderful Feature
In Any Home!
- On the Janka Scale of Hardness, Siberian Larch
is 1,100 lbs / sq in. Pine hardness ranges from
670 – 840 lbs / sq in. On average Siberian
Larch is 45% harder than pine.
- For the customer, this means their floor
will experience less indentation, and maintain
its wonderful appearance for many years.
- Siberian Larch’s impressive density can
be attributed to the place in which it grows. Siberian
Larch grows in an environment that is known for
its long, harsh winters and therefore the growing
seasons are short. As a result of the short growing
seasons, it is composed on average of 40% latewood
which is considered to be significant. Latewood
is denser and mechanically stronger than the opposing
earlywood. Therefore, these higher levels of latewood
create a floor with impressive wear resistant characteristics.
- Over time, earlywood wears out leaving the harder
latewood as the actual walking surface. Look at
any antique floor and this is what you will find.
Having a floor with high concentrations of latewood
will provide a homeowner with a smoother, more
even surface in the future.
- For the customer, denser material with
large latewood contents provides them with a
more stable and wear resistant floor.
- It is rare these days to find lumber that consists
of all heartwood material. Siberian Larch is old
growth wood, and in its natural condition has a
heartwood content of 90%. Most timbers these days
are grown at a quick rate on tree plantations.
In harvesting young trees, you sacrifice a lot
of heartwood and are subjected to more sapwood.
There are two distinct advantages in having all
- Heartwood is more durable and stable than sapwood.
- All heart allows for a consistent color. This
means you do not have to stain your floors to
- Only Antique Heart Pine can compete in heartwood
content with Siberian Larch. Siberian Larch offers
the unique appearance of an Antique Heart Pine
floor, but provides several additional incentives.
They are as follows:
- It is priced much more attractively! Big savings
for the customer!
- It is available! Siberian Larch is in stock,
and AHP must be produced to individual orders
which can take long periods of time.
- There is an unlimited supply of Siberian Larch!
AHP is in scarce supply.
- Manufacturing standards of Siberian Larch are
much higher and more consistent. AHP standards
vary depending on who produces it and the quality
of the material on hand.
- End-matching is a standard in our products,
and it is generally not available in AHP.
- Our Siberian Larch flooring boards are pre-sanded,
micro-beveled, and ready for the finish of your
choice. AHP flooring requires sanding after installation.
- Siberian Larch comes in uniform lengths and
widths, while AHP is typically offered in random
lengths and widths.
- Our Siberian Larch planks (both unfinished
and prefinished) are packaged in plastic and
cardboard. This offers protection and makes handling
easy. AHP is never packaged and handling is cumbersome.
- For the customer, all heart floors add
durability and create aesthetic benefits. By
using Siberian Larch, homeowners can replicate
the appeal of Antique Heart Pine while saving
money and increasing reliability.
Highest Quality Manufacturing Standards
- The width is 5.4 inches and the length is 6.5
feet for every board!
- There are 17.45 square feet per bundle, and 855.05
square feet per pallet.
- Larger widths allow you to see a more complete
picture of the grain. Longer floor boards also
allow you to see the flow of the grain without
- Generous sizes allow for easier, quicker, and
less costly installation.
- The Siberian Larch product supports historical
traditions of using longer and wider floor boards.
This helps to create an authentic and enduring
- The dimensions of our floor boards are exceptionally
well suited for timber frame and log home construction.
- The use of long and wide planks helps to minimize
the impact of the floor’s weight on the subfloor.
- For the customer, premium sizes provide
a traditional look, reduce the cost of installation,
add structural strength, and offer visual benefits.
Siberian Larch Offers the Complete Package
- Leitinger is one of the leading timber processing
companies in Europe with long traditions, constant
innovations, and the very latest in production
techniques to guarantee top quality products.
- Leitinger provides a consistent grading standard
which means the customer will receive exactly what
- The design of the tongue and groove cheeks allows
for maximum matching precision.
- The surfaces of the planks are pre-sanded and
the edges are micro-beveled on all four sides to
prevent projections. This awards the customer with
considerable installation cost savings.
- For the customer, a high quality production
standard simply means a better floor and fewer
Variety of Finishing Treatments Available by
- The lengths and end-matching of the boards allow
for Siberian Larch to be used as paneling and ceiling.
- For the customer, this enables them to
maintain a consistent design throughout the house.
- Wire Brush Surface – antiqued texture surface
obtained by brushing out soft earlywood leaving
ridges of more durable latewood as a walking surface.
This is the ageless look of century old floors.
- Through special order, the flooring can be offered
stained and/or oiled.
- There are several benefits to protecting your
floors with oils as opposed to polyurethanes.
- Oils offer a more natural look.
- Your floor will have an anti-static surface.
- Oils do not show scratches on the finish.
- The floor can be spot repaired without refinishing
the entire surface.
- Process of applying oil is simpler and quicker.
- It is less expensive.
- Does not emit any harmful chemicals when applied.
- It is easy to maintain and lasts a long time.
- In Europe, 70% of hardwood floors are currently
being treated with oils. Due to modern improvements
and the above reasons, oils are once again becoming
the treatment of choice in the United States.
- For the customer, these options mean
they will be able to find the floor that is right
- Our floors can be nailed, screwed, or glued.
However, with our exclusive clip system they can
be installed floating over any dry and level surface
including concrete. This eliminates the need for
plywood and its installation.
- Benefits of our clip system are as follow:
- Allows the wood to move without creating unsightly
gaps between planks.
- You can cover big areas without the need for
- You can easily repair damaged planks.
- It is perfect for installing over radiant heat.
- For the customer, the benefit is once
again cost savings!
- Siberian Larch is one of the few old growth woods
that are being harvested from a sustainable forest.
The natural growth rate of Siberian Larch is five
times more than the rate at which it is being harvested.
- Since September 2002, Leitinger has been certified
according to the criteria of the Forest Stewardship
- The first operation in the European part of Russia
to be certified according to FSC criteria was Leitinger’s
plant in Madok.
- For the customer, this means they can
have the peace of mind in knowing they are good
stewards of the land.